Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My 1st Post and Review: The Purge






The Purge

Rated R

Release Date: June 7th 2013

   













Hey Everyone,

      My name is Tim, I am a current college student, an avid movie watcher, and plain out awesome.  Thinking about the amount of movies I watch, I have decided to start my own movie review Blog.  I have been contemplating the idea for a very long time, and have finally come to the conclusion that it is a good idea.  Not too much else to say about me, so I am going to post my first review, Trailer for the film is included, and please leave comments as I hope to get going on the right foot.



     I had the opportunity to go to an advance screening about a month and a half early of The Purge, starring Ethan Hawk with a Q & A with the producer afterwards.   The film is pretty much about The United States government mandating that crime is illegal any other day except for a twelve hour period once a year with no consequences, which they call the annual "Purge".  Now not giving away any spoilers, the film revolves around the Sandin Family, who is protected in their household by a security system which covers their openings throughout the House.  Once the commencement of the evening begins, a person who is running from citizens bangs on the door, and gets let in the house without permission. Long story short...the fun begins

     I found this movie to be fairly original as I cannot think of any movie where a concept like this has taken place.  The sound was a little loud but that may have been the auditorium. A couple moments made you laugh, and some had you say holy shit.  The acting was well done,and as with any movie, there were the typical cliches.  For not knowing what to expect, I walked out of the movie satisfied.  I would recommend going to watch it if you wanna see something interesting with violence and originality.

Bootleg Rating: B-







2 comments:

  1. Good review. Can't wait to see the movie and good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete